It doesn’t really feel like late October outside (72 degrees yesterday, can’t complain!) but it sure looks like fall. The trees are lit up in yellow, orange and red and leaves are swirling around in the streets. This yr, like each and every yr, I’m feeling conflicted about the falling leaves—simultaneously sad to see them go, but awe-struck by their blazing glory on the way down.
Sweaters and scarves and holiday cheer will be right here prior to we know it. I partnered with Grain Meals Foundation to bring you these oat flour-based mostly pumpkin waffles, which would be a enjoyable breakfast to serve on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or any weekend from now right up until then.
These waffles freeze beautifully, as well, so you might want to make a big batch and deal with yourself to pumpkin waffles are busy weekday mornings. Just pop them in the toaster and you’re great to go!
These entire grain pumpkin waffles are a riff on my simple oat flour waffles recipe. “Basic” doesn’t commence to do them justice—these waffles are crispy on the outdoors, fluffy on the within, light but hearty, and hold me above until lunch time. In other phrases, they are essentially best. I know a few commenters who can back me up on that! It took me a couple of tries to get the ratio of liquid/excess fat/pumpkin just right for these waffles, but I ultimately nailed it with the edition below.
Don’t be concerned if you don’t have oat flour in your pantry. You can easily make your very own oat flour in a blender or food processor, like I did for these waffles. See my recipe notes for details.
Grain Meals Foundation would like to remind you that you can discover much more info and recipes for grain food items on their web site, grainsforyourbrain.org. I’ll also be posting a lot more holiday recipes with total grain goodness like pasta, rice and total wheat flour. What vacation recipes are you seeking for this 12 months?
Wholesome Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Author: Cookie and Kate
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: ten mins
- Complete Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 huge waffles one x
- Category: Breakfast
- Strategy: By hand
- Cuisine: American
4.8 from 56 critiques
These tasty, gluten-totally free pumpkin waffles are crispy on the outdoors and fluffy on the inside. This pumpkin waffle recipe’s secret ingredient is oat flour! You can easily make your very own oat flour at residence (check the recipe notes for details). This recipe yields four round, 7-inch Belgian waffles. Note: when I say “scant,” I imply just a couple teaspoons shy of the measurement listed.
- two cup s ( 200 grams) oat flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- one teaspoon cinnamon
- teaspoon ginger
- teaspoon nutmeg
- teaspoon allspice or cloves
- three massive eggs
- Scant cup milk of selection (I utilised plain, unsweetened almond milk)
- Scant cup melted coconut oil or seven tablespoon s unsalted butter, melted
- cup ( 122 grams) packed pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon s maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Recommended toppings: much more maple syrup, nut butter and/or toasted nuts, coconut whipped cream…
- In a massive mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and all spice or cloves. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Then include the milk, coconut oil or butter, pumpkin pure, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk till the mixture is extensively blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the oat flour mixture. Stir with a big spoon until just combined (the batter will nonetheless be a small lumpy). Let the batter rest for 10 minutes so the oat flour has time to soak up some of the moisture. Plug in your waffle iron to preheat now.
- Once ten minutes is up, give the batter a single much more, gentle swirl with your spoon. The batter will be quite thick, but don’t worry! Your waffles will turn out wonderful. Pour batter onto the heated waffle iron, sufficient to cover the center and most of the central surface spot, and close the lid.
- As soon as the waffle is deeply golden and crisp, transfer it to a cooling rack or baking sheet. Don’t stack your waffles on best of every other or they’ll get rid of crispness. If sought after, hold your waffles warm by putting them in a 200 degree oven till you’re ready to serve. Repeat with remaining batter and serve with wanted toppings on the side.
Recipe adapted from my gluten-free oat waffles recipe.
*Make your own oat flour: Basically mix outdated-fashioned or fast-cooking oats in a food processor or blender till they are ground into a fine flour. You’ll require to blend about 2 cups oats to make 2 cups flour.
*A note on gluten free of charge oats: Be confident to buy licensed gluten-free oats or licensed gluten-free of charge oat flour to make certain your waffles are gluten totally free.
Freeze it: These waffles freeze beautifully. Just keep in freezer-safe plastic bags and pop person waffles into the toaster right up until warmed by way of.
Suggested equipment: This fancy-pants non-stick waffle maker. I love that it has a large cooking surface, which implies I can cook an entire batch of waffles with just two presses.
A lot more pumpkin recipes: Verify out my gluten-free pumpkin oat pancakes, vegan pumpkin pecan scones and maple-sweetened pumpkin muffins.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Grain Meals Basis and I obtained compensation for my participation. Opinions are my own, usually. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who assistance C+K!