This famous classic American cookie is a treat no matter what the age or occasion. Get pleasure from it with a glass of cold milk.
- two 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- one teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (two sticks) butter, softened
- three/four cup granulated sugar
- 3/four cup packed brown sugar
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- two big eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTL® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
How to Make It
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
Mix flour, baking soda and salt in modest bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in huge mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, a single at a time, beating well soon after every addition. Steadily beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until finally golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for two minutes remove to wire racks to cool totally.
PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Put together dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for twenty to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Awesome in pan on wire rack. Can make four dozen bars.
* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
FOR High ALTITUDE BAKING (five,200 feet): Improve flour to 2 1/2 cups. Include 2 teaspoons water with flour and decrease each granulated sugar and brown sugar to two/three cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to ten minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.