Homemade Greek Salad Dressing is tangy, effortless to make, and delightful drizzled in excess of a Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, Kalamata olives, onions, and Feta!
Homemade salad dressings are always a hit when I share them on 5 Heart Residence. However, whilst perusing the ones I’ve previously posted, I recognized that there was a massive ol’ hole the place a great Greek Salad Dressing should be! So I made the decision to treatment that these days by sharing my preferred recipe for homemade Greek dressing that’s zippy, zesty, and loaded with flavor.
In latest many years, I’ve developed an affinity for Mediterranean foods that occasionally feels like a betrayal to my Tex-Mex loving identity. But that’s okay…where there is queso, there’s also room for hummus (and sometimes even Tex-Mex-inspired hummus).? I’ve realized that not only is Mediterranean food indescribably scrumptious, but it’s also one of the more healthy cuisine possibilities out there. And so with each and every passing year, I include more and more Mediterranean recipes into my repertoire.
And 1 of my favorites is (surprise. ) a conventional Greek salad! You know the type I’m speaking about…a bed of salad greens generously topped with crunchy cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, briny Kalamata olives and creamy crumbles of Feta cheese. Of course, there are often thin slivers of raw red onion on Greek salads as effectively. But whilst I contain people in my styled salad images, y’all know I choose them off ahead of eating explained salad.?
How to Make Greek Salad Dressing
But what truly can make a excellent Greek salad is the dressing! Fundamentally just a basic vinaigrette, this Greek dressing recipe attributes added-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and oregano.
Basically mix the elements in a bowl with a wire whisk or shake them up in a jar or whiz them collectively in a mini meals processor. And that’s it! See? Effortless-peasy.
I adore generating my personal from-scratch salad dressings at property since I can use high-quality elements and I know specifically what’s going in there. There are no preservatives or weird, icky additives to worry about! In addition, homemade dressing tastes fresher and can always be tweaked and personalized to your liking.
So are you a fan of Mediterranean cuisine? Do you adore a great Greek salad? Both way, I’ve got your back with this tangy, tasty Greek Salad Dressing recipe! It’s ideal on a salad to accompany just about any variety of meal, or you can leading your salad with some protein to make it a meal in and of itself. This dressing also helps make a imply marinade for chicken or flank steak or shrimp.
I hope you’ll add it to your homemade dressing normal rotation as I’ve added it to mine!
Helpful Ideas, Tricks, & Products
(some affiliate links beneath)
- Be confident to use a higher-top quality further-virgin olive oil (that you like the taste of!) in any salad dressing, as the flavor will shine by means of.
- When using fresh garlic in a salad dressing, I like to make confident it’s quite finely minced. If I’m going to whisk or shake my dressing, I push a garlic clove by means of a garlic press, or finely mince and then mash with the side of my knife. If I’m making use of my mini food processor to assemble my dressing, I pulse the garlic clove first to chop it up just before incorporating the rest of the substances and processing.
- That currently being stated, if fresh raw garlic is as well sturdy for your taste, you could substitute one/four to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder alternatively.
- I normally make my dressing with dried oregano, but if you’d like to substitute fresh chopped oregano, use 3 times the amount…1 tablespoon fresh instead of 1 teaspoon dried.
- Fresh-squeezed lemon juice is best, but you can also use bottled lemon juice as extended as “lemon juice” is the only ingredient.
- If you uncover this vinaigrette to be as well tangy or acidic, you can include a tiny pinch of sugar or a small squeeze of honey. It won’t be adequate to make the dressing sweet, but just sufficient the mellow out the acidity.
- For a Creamy Greek Salad Dressing, you could incorporate two to three tablespoons of Greek yogurt. Nevertheless, if performing so, you may possibly need to have to somewhat enhance the salt.