- one package deal (1/4 ounce) energetic dry yeast
- one cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- two tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- one-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 to three-1/4 cups all-goal flour
- one egg white
- one teaspoon cold water
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Include the sugar, oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until finally blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Flip onto a floured surface knead until finally smooth and elastic, 6-eight minutes. Area in a greased bowl, turning once to grease best. Cover and let rise in a warm location right up until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down return to bowl. Cover and let rise for thirty minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Form into a 16×2-1/2-in. loaf with tapered ends. Sprinkle a greased baking sheet with cornmeal place loaf on baking sheet. Cover and allow rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Beat egg white and cold water brush more than dough. With a sharp knife, make diagonal slashes two in. apart across best of loaf. Bake at 375° for 25-thirty minutes or until golden brown. Get rid of from pan to a wire rack to cool.
It really is a loved ones favourite.
I just made this bread for dinner. O M G it is so easy and delicious! Absolutely sharing this a single!
Easy! It took me a half hour to prep it and clean up! Then the hour for rise and 25minute bake time. just produced it a waiting game. So good! I did not have cornmeal, didn’t require it. I think I will experiment with adding garlic following time. This one particular goes in the keeper box!
I manufactured this a month in the past and given that then my loved ones has demanded I make it twice a week and I have but discovered it to be bad it always turns out fantastic recipe thank you
I really like this recipe. The taste and texture is perfect. The loaf is related to the size offered in grocery shop bakeries, so it really is pretty huge.
marrisa sDid you go through both the rising cycles just before you froze the second loaf?Thanks, Darlenne
Can you freeze the bread soon after baking
Created it precisely as directed. Excellent!! Excellent texture, pretty brown slightly crunchy crust.
Excellent recipe. I have used it several occasions often turns out completely.