- In a bowl, combine cup (fifty five g) of the butter with the flour. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the milk. Set aside.
- In a massive pot, soften the onion, carrot and celery in the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. Include the broth and potatoes and deliver to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the veggies are just tender. Include the butter mixture and boil gently, stirring with a wooden spoon. Include the milk and cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Alter the seasoning. Stir in the chicken and peas. Cover with plastic wrap straight on the surface of the filling. Allow awesome while preparing the pastry.
- In a meals processor, mix the flour and salt. Add the butter and pulse a handful of seconds at a time until the butter is the dimension of peas. Add the water and vinegar, and pulse yet again until the dough just begins to kind. Include a lot more water, if required. Eliminate the dough from the food processor and kind into two discs with your hands. Refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest place, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a floured work surface, roll out the two discs of dough and line a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate with a single of them. Make incisions in the second crust. Spoon the chicken filling into the crust. Brush around the dough with milk and cover with the second sheet of dough. Crimp the edges and brush with milk.
- Bake for 50 minutes or right up until the pastry is golden brown. Let rest for 15 minutes just before serving.
This recipe is completely delightful. It really is a keeper. I will consider it a couple of more instances and then commence experimenting with different greens. Really like it.
It was my initial time “ever” creating a pot pie and pie crust. I’m blown away by how effortless and completely delightful this recipe is. Enjoy it .
1st time I manufactured this recipe and it will not be the final, definitely delicious
Extremely scrumptious flaky pastry with tasty filling. Nevertheless, i would suggest double baking the pastry to keep away from any raw dough in the middle. I cooked it for an hour and half, nonetheless had raw dough in my pastry! General worth making an attempt!
The best tasty and easy chicken pot pie I ever created. I recommend it.
Amazing. super flavour. thank you
The identify doesn’t lie! This was truthfully the greatest Chicken Pot Pie I have ever produced. I’m celiac so I was skeptical using this recipe with GF flour but I used Bob’s Red Mill Cup for Cup flour and it turned out excellent! Even my husband agreed he could not tell the difference if this was GF or not. I didn’t have condensed chicken broth so I utilized a cup of vegetable broth and that worked fine as nicely. Other than those two alterations I followed the recipe specifically. Thank You!
This was not only an easy recipe it tasted remarkable! I only had regular chicken broth so I added a tbs of chicken stock or bouillon to the recipe and it was perfect. I did use three modest carrots and one cup of diced potatoes due to the fact we enjoy veggies. I will preserve this recipe for a extremely lengthy time!
Was so fed up with pot pies that I received even from farmer’s markets. They in no way had any chicken or were so/so on gravy. This recipe tasted fantastic and wasn’t tough. I managed the chicken so of course it was ample! Loved! Loved! Loved it!
This pie was straightforward to put together and quite tasty. I will make it yet again.
Created this recipe several instances. It is wonderful! The pastry recipe is wonderful and I use it for other recipes as effectively. I by no means utilized rotisserie chicken, just chicken breast lower into cubes and cooked for a bit with some salt, pepper and a bit of garlic powder for flavour. The filling is very forgiving. I used mushrooms when I did not have potatoes. I extra two cups of frozen greens in addition to the peas and other greens. This is my favourite Ricardo recipe.
Sounds delightful and hope to attempt this week. Ricardo, please for long term reference, if you categorize a recipe as freezable, could the guidelines be included? Do you freeze uncooked or cooked? In a single household so I’m usually searching for freezer friendly recipes to divy-up “Serves 4” recipes!
I experimented with the original recipe and it was not edible. I modified and had a better end result. Problems and how I dealt with them: 1. As well salty – rotisserie chicken has tons of salt so you want to balance the rest of the recipe to handle this – skip the condensed chicken broth and use water, do not include salt. two. As well starchy . Skipped the potatoes. three. Too gluey – as well much flour and cornstarch – reduced by half and tripled the chicken. Significantly far better.
Outstanding. Used my own pie crust and employed only a top crust. The sauce was rich enough! Doubled the recipe, additional frozen corn along with the frozen peas. Manufactured one pie and four personal pies. Froze the person ones for an additional day.
Scrumptious! Created a double batch and froze a pie.
Charge this recipe
Login to fee this recipe and publish a review.